Saturday, April 16, 2016

BRS 17 The Cemetery Reserve and its neighbours - German Immigrants.

A Piece of the Area's History

There are two milestones in life, birth and death!  At some stage all that will remain, will be some words on a plaque, somewhere.   For a family historian, wandering around cemeteries counting the headstones, becomes a very natural thing to do!  All that history, what stories could they tell.

Our role is then to bring those stories to life, and to tell of the amazing things that our ancestors have done or achieved.  For those buried forever on the top of Bracken Ridge, tours are conducted to explain the lives of some of those buried within.  

But even the cemetery has online records that are incorrect.  The Brisbane City Council on a particular website informs people that the cemetery began in 1877.  It didn't.

Cemetery from lands owned by George Alexander Hope

The Bald Hills and Sandgate Cemetery began in 1869, just as the sign indicates.  The Government of the day proclaimed the appointment of several members of the public to become Trustees.

They were 

OFFICIAL NOTIFICATIONS. (From the Government Gazette of Saturday.)
The Brisbane Courier (Qld. : 1864 - 1933) Monday 30 August 1869 p 3 Article
... . George, 
BALD HILLS CEMETERY.—The following     gentlemen ... are appointed trustees of the Bald Hills General Cemetery :—A. G. Thorpe ; J. Stewart, E. Michael, B.R. Lethem and A. Slaughter

There was a funeral conducted in 1876, of William Farquharson Burnett Stewart, who died 21st October 1876.  His name tells that the family lines were through the Farquharson lineage.

His father was John Stewart and his mother Jane Jenkins.  His sister was Margaret Stewart, who married Robert Muir Findlay.  Their daughter was Wilhelmine Stewart Finlay.  She married John Mitchell Norris.  The son of Alexander Norris who arrived on the Helenslea in 1862 and who owned land at Bracken Ridge.  

The Telegraph (Brisbane, Qld. : 1872 - 1947) Wednesday 27 March 1878 p 1 Advertising
... . planted in tho land lately enclosed by mo at the Sandgate nnd Bald Hills Cemetery; on or about the 18th

John McConnel was offering a reward for persons who took trees that he planted at the Cemetery in March 1878

In 1877 a meeting was held of the residents to choose new Trustees for the Cemetery due to the death of Alfred Slaughter, and the resignation of Mr A Thorpe

 Tenders were sought to clear 5 acres

The Queenslander (Brisbane, Qld. : 1866 - 1939) Saturday 9 January 1886 p 61 Article
... of a tree in dangerous proximity to his house at the junction of the Bald Hills and Cemetery roads

The Telegraph (Brisbane, Qld. : 1872 - 1947) Monday 20 October 1890 p 8 Advertising
... west of the RACECOURSE AND RECREATION RESERVES, and fronting the Bald Hills and Cemetery roads These .

The trustees were constantly requesting that the road be upgraded.

Queensland Times, Ipswich Herald and General Advertiser (Qld. : 1861 - 1908) Saturday 3 July 1897 p 5 Article

... Thursday morning Ralph Ramsay, residing at the corner of Bald Hills and Cemetery road, reported t

Sometimes the stories are sad, but each tell a story of how hard their life was, something most don't appreciate these days.

July 8.

An inquiry into the cause of death of a little girl named Lily Rilley was heard at the Police  Court this morning, before Mr. G. P. M.   Murray, P.M., Sergeant Primrose conducting   the case. The cause of the inquiry being held was that Dr. Paul considered there had been negligence, and he had refused a certificate of death. Mrs. Annie Grensill deposed that she  resided in a tent near the Rilleys, at 
Greenwood's Paddock, South Pine. 

That on the 5th of June last, about midday, the deceased was playing with her children in the paddock out-side the tent. She was alarmed to hear her child screech out, " Mamma, Lily fire." She caught up a blanket, ran out, and rolled the child in it, and screamed for Mrs. Rilley, who came at once. They took the child into her  tent and examined the burn. They put baking  soda on the burns. 

After this the child was  taken to its own house, where the burns were  again looked at and flour and salad oil were   applied. From this time to the death of the  child on the 19th June, she saw it several   times ; it appeared to be getting on fairly well.  

On the 11th she advised the mother of the child to let Dr. Paul, of Sandgate, see it, and she went with Mrs. Rilley to Dr. Paul's with it. Did not go inside, but stayed in the cart. After the mother came out they got some lotion at the chemist's, which the doctor had ordered. Saw the child several times after this. It was sometimes running about. The mother could not keep it in bed. The child was well attended to, and she did not consider the child had been in any way neglected. 

On Monday, the 19th June, the mother came in the morning, and told her the child was dead. She saw the child going about the house on the previous day, and thought it was improving. Did not think the burn a serious one. Sarah Elizabeth Rilley, wife of John Albert Rilley, of Greenwood's Paddock, and mother of deceased, Lily Rilley, who was aged 2 years and 2 months, corroborated the whole of the former witness's statements, and further said that when she took the child to Dr. Paul on the 11th June he said it was a very nasty burn. He gave her a prescription and told her how to use it. At the time the child was burnt her husband was not at home.

On coming home he looked at the burns, and said it was not so bad as people had told him. When he came  home the child was asleep, but soon woke up, and getting out of bed came to the door. She   put it back in bed. On getting home from Dr. Paul's she bathed the burns for about twenty minutes, and then put the lotion she got with his prescription on the wound, which seemed to give the child relief. 

About three days before its death she began to dress it with eucalyptus to dry up the wound. She took the child to Dr. Paul because she thought it best; but the wound did not look any worse up to that time ; she used only flour and oil to the wound. On the evening of the 18th June, between 6 and 7 o'clock she and her husband went over to Mrs. Grensill's tent and stayed there till about 9. 

They were away about two or three hours. When they went home she covered up the child and went to bed. The child was then alive. Had it screamed while she was at Mrs. Grensill's she would have heard it. On waking up next morning she was surprised to see the bedclothes so smooth on the child, and on going to look at it found her dead. When she went to Grensill's on Sunday night she left the child in bed. She communicated   with the police that day, and Sergeant Primrose and Dr. Paul came to see the body, which was buried the next day at Bald Hills cemetery. 

Dr. F. Paul deposed that on the 11th June last Mrs. Rilley brought a female child to his surgery. On examination he found a large burn on the abdomen on the right side, on the lower part, extending round to the spine and down the right thigh. When brought to him the child was suffering from fever caused by blood poisoning. The child was in a very critical state.

 He advised the mother to take it to the Children's Hospital, where it would get proper treatment and nursing ; but the mother refused to take it there, saying she would rather have it at home. He then gave her a prescription for a lotion, and told  her to bathe the wound well before using it. He prescribed carron oil, and told the mother she must keep him informed as to how the child was getting along. 

The wound was then in a festering and most unhealthy state. Pure baking soda as applied would irritate the wound, but flour and oil was a very good dressing if properly applied and the wound kept clean after the first application. After the child was brought to him on the 11th June the parents let him know nothing of the patient until they came to say it was dead on the 10th June. The next morning he went with Sergeant Primrose and made an external examination. 

The wound had increased in size. Sores had broken out on the lips and other parts of the' body. The body seemed well nourished. The cause of death was blood poisoning through absorption of putrifying matter from the wound. The application of eucalyptus oil in the crude state to such a wound as this was very injurious, and likely to aggravate the injury. Had the child received proper attention and nursing from the first, there was nothing to prevent its recovery. This was the reason he urged the mother to take it to the Children's Hospital. 

John Albert Rilley was then examined. The police-magistrate closed the inquiry, saying the depositions would be forwarded to the proper quarter.


A very sad and somewhat remarkable case of hydrophobia is reported from Lahore. It appears that Mrs. Doyle, wife of a railway employee, was caressing a dog, when the animal licked her hand, on which was a small open sore. Later on this dog bit some other dogs, all of which went mad. Shortly afterwards Mrs. Doyle was taken ill, and died after suffering from paroxysms for three days. It is stated distinctly that the unfortunate victim  was not bitten by the dog ; it merely licked  her hand and exhibited no symptoms of madness.


Fatal Dray Accident. Young Man's Neck Broken.
The Telegraph (Brisbane, Qld. : 1872 - 1947) Tuesday 9 October 1900 p 2 Article
... , gave au order for the burial of the body, which will take place at the Sandgate aud Bald Hills ... cemetery to-morrow. Tho deceased, who was 32 years of age, was a brother of tho Rov. James Stewart and of ... 318 w

Fatal Dray Accident.

Young Man's Neck Broken.

The Bald Hills community was deeply stirred yesterday by tho untimely death of Alexander Caldwell Stewart, youngest son of Mr. John Stewart, the oldest resident of the district. It appears that between 11 o'clock and noon yesterday young Stewart left his father's farm to go to the Bald Hills station with cream, driving a horse and dray. After getting through the sliprails, the winkers slipped off the horse's head. 

Young Stewart, who had a boy with him, by keeping hold of the reins, kept the bit in the horse's mouth. He, however, could not restrain the affrighted animal, who bolted. After a short distance had been covered the boy jumped off the dray; but Stewart hung on. A short distance further on, and when near Mr. Cullimore's farm, the dray struck a log and capsized. 

Young Stewart was thrown out, the sido of tho dray falling on the upper part of his body. The young man's father, who had witnessed the runaway, hastened to tho scene, but Mr. Cullimore had preceded him. Young Stewart, when released from under the dray, gave a groan and expired. 

The body was removed to his father's residence, and the accident was reported to Sergeant Primrose at Sandgate, who, accompanied by Dr. Davidson, "went out to Bald Hills. After an examination tho doctor certified that death had beon caused by a dislocation of the neck at the base of tho skull. Mr. Unwin, J.P., of Bald Hills, gave an order for the burial of the body, which will take place at the Sandgate aud Bald Hills cemetery to-morrow. Tho deceased, who was 32 years of age, was a brother of tho Rev. James Stewart and of Mrs. W. H. Boll, of Sandgate. He also was a nephew of the late Mrs. T. Gray, ol George street, whose death occurred only a few days ago.

Mr Gaskell's son died when a tree fell on him

Little Boy Killed. Tuesday's Storm. Fatality at. Sandgate.
The Telegraph (Brisbane, Qld. : 1872 - 1947) Thursday 16 January 1902 p 5 Article

... , residing near the Sundgateaud Bald Hills cemetery, was returning home in his cart, having with him his two ..

Another Pioneer Gone.
The Telegraph (Brisbane, Qld. : 1872 - 1947) Monday 24 July 1905 p 7 Article

... Presbyterian Churoli, and Bald Hills cemetery thereafter. 


On Thursday, 21st instant, there passed away, after long years of suffering, one of Queensland's pioneers, Mr. W. Hawkins, sen., of Bald Hills. The late Mr. Hawkins was born m Gloucestershire, England, in 1838, and arrived in Queensland in 1859 with his newly-wedded wife. He experienced many of the hardships and privations to which early-day settlers were subjected as old hands well remember who settled at Oxley Creek in the sixties. In 1867 he decided to try Bald Hills as a
home, and when the Gympie goldfield broke out he was the first to pilot a team of horses to that place. After a short sojourn there he returned to Bald Hills, whence the rich scrub soil of the South
Pine Valley attracted his attention, and up to some 10 years ago he was regarded as one of the most practical of farmers, who spared neither time nor means to introduce new methods that would be beneficial to the district. 

In the latter portion of his life, he was severely afflicted owing to his nervous system being shattered;
nevertheless, he withstood it manfully. In the vigour of his life he was a staunch supporter of the Methodist Church, and in the early pioneering days his energies were extended even to German Station (now Nundah), and as far as Fortitude Valley in that cause. The remains were interred
in the Bald Hills Cemetery on 22nd instant, Rev. T. Nock officiating. One son (Mr. W. J. Hawkins) and two daughters (Mrs. H. Day and Mrs. S. J. Johnstone) survive him.

His son later owned the Stewart's farm where St Paul's is today.

The property continued to be worked as a dairy farm, changing hands again in 1907 and also in 1910. In 1921 it was acquired by William John Hawkins of Bald Hills, who was a leader in Queensland dairying, credited with being instrumental in the establishment of the first milk supply cold store in Brisbane, at the Roma Street railway station, c. 1898. In 1929 a Brisbane newspaper described WJ Hawkins as "a successful settler, possessing a fine property and picturesque homestead

The Queenslander (Brisbane, Qld. : 1866 - 1939) Saturday 6 January 1912 p 37 Article

... interred in the Bald Hills Cemetery on 22nd in-stant, Rev. T. Nock officiating. One son (Mr. W. J. Hawkins ..

One of Queensland's early colonists—
Mr. Duncan Stewart—died at Manly on Friday at the age of 77 years. The late Mr. Stewart arrived in Moreton Bay in 1866 in the ship John Davies, from Glasgow, where he was born. In company
with his parents and brother Hugh he obtained employment at Jondaryan station, Darling Downs. In those days there was, of course, no railway, and the journey to the Downs, which was accomplished by bullock-drawn vehicle, occupied three weeks.

While at Jondaryan their father died, and later the two brothers left with stock, which they overlanded
to the Murray River. They returned to Ipswich and settled there for some years.
Mr. Stewart was head clerk for Messrs- Reilly and Hancock Bros., sawmillers, North Ipswich, for a considerable time He was one of the founders of the present Ipswich Caledonian Society. Later
on he took up a large selection at North brook, Brisbane River, and eventually sold out and retired. He leaves a widow, his brother Hugh (of School-street, Kelvin Grove), and a sister (Mrs. J. Ballantyne)
to mourn their loss.

The Queenslander (Brisbane, Qld. : 1866 - 1939) Saturday 24 October 1914 p 15 Article

... been resident in Queensland for over 50 years. The fune

At the residence of his daughter, Mrs. D. Green, Northgate, on Wednesday morning, August 23, after a brief illness, the death occurred of Mr. George Mockridge, one of Sandgates oldest residents. Born at Taunton, Somerset, England, 83 years ago, he arrived in Australia in 1865 in the sailing
ship Flying Cloud, and had been a resident of Sandgate for the past 60 years. He-Was on a short holiday to his daughter when his death occurred.

His wife predeceased him 13 years ago.  He is survived by one son and five daughters. A number of relatives and friends attended the funeral, which moved from the residence of his son, Mr. George Mockridge, Washington street, Sandgate, to the Bald Hills Cemetery, on Thursday morning. The burial service was performed by the Rev. H. Saull, of the Sandgate Church of England

The Brisbane Courier (Qld. : 1864 - 1933) Saturday 1 September 1928 p 17 Article

... , Mr. George Mockridge, Washington street, Sandgate, to the Bald Hills Cemetery, on Thursday morning ... 580 

  The life of an undertaker!  Pity for the poor families involved.

Which raises the question,  

"Where are the people who died before 1869 buried?" Were all the burials in Brisbane?

What a change over time, now a landmark to be proud of.

Some German Families of the Area.
The lands for the Cemetery Reserve were subdivided from Lot 100, and in 1930, the maps show the names of the owners at the time of the sub-division.  A.W. Holtz, G.A. Schiefelbein, and Francis  Holz all had lands affected by the construction of a one chain road as an entrance to the cemetery.

Our family are also of German origin, and often the families intermarried, particularly the Muller family.

The German immigrants on the Northside arrived in the late 1880's and settled around Zillmere:

To the north of Brisbane farming settlements were taken up in the 1880s in the Zillmere, Pinkenba
 (‘Germantown’) and Eagle farm suburbs – now taken up by the Brisbane Airport and suburban expansion

In Bracken Ridge, which was referred to as Zillmere, Zillman's Waterholes, Sandgate, Bald Hills, which must have made it all rather confusing  for the residents, as , there were quite a few German immigrants who became farmers.

Carl Schiefelbein was born in 1836, and Auguste in 1845.  They arrived in Queensland from Germany, on the Quetta in September n 1889 . Their children were Wilhelmina, born 1869, Pauline, 1878;  Gustav, 1881; and   Auguste, 1887

Their daughter Wilhelmine Schiefelbein married in 1891, Andrew Wilhelm Muller and in 1903 they were living at Bracken Ridge, and he was a fruit grower.

Pauline Auguste Schiefelbein married Hermann Robert Goeldner in 1905.   They lived at Nundah and he was a dairyfarmer.

In 1903  Gustav Aldolf Schiefelbein and August Carl Schiefelbein are recorded as living at Beckman's Estate, Zillman Waterholes.

August Carl Schiefelbein married Sophie Emilie Dahlke in 1905

By the 1912 Electoral Roll, they were recorded:

August was married to Sophie, and Gustav was married to Dorothea, yet the addresses are different.  
Those collecting the information for the Electoral Rolls had difficulties!.

Gustav Adolph Schiefelbein married Dorothea Helmholz in 1906, her parents were farmers from Zillmere. The wedding announcement in the papers provides a list of many of the German settlers of the area.

NUNDAH, April l8 - At the Nundah Lutheran Church today the marriage of Mr. G. A. Schiefelbein, of Zillmere, and Miss D M Helmholz, of Nundah, was celebrated by the pastor, the Rev I Egen. The
church, which had been tastefully decorated , was crowded by friends and visitors from all parts of the district. The service was impressively given by the pastor, appropriate hymns being rendered. At the conclusion the " Wedding March" was played by Mr Neech. The bride, who was given away by her grandfather (Mr. F Walters) wore a dainty gown of soft muslin trimmed with fine lace and insertion, and sprays of orange blossoms,  a small coronet of orange blossoms being surmounted by a veil of Brussels lace.

She carried a shower bouquet of exquisite is white flowers and fern, tied with streamers of soft ribbon. The three bridesmaids, Misses Helmholz, A Schiefelbein, and M Helmholz, wore frocks alike in white Pongee muslin, with soft lace and insertion, and large picture hats. They also carried handsome shower bouquets with long streamers. The bridegroom was supported by Mr H Helmholz as best man. After the ceremony the huge party drove to the residence of the bride's mother, where a sumptuous repast had been prepared, and the usual toasts were honoured.

Among the numerous guests were :- Rev I. Egen, Rev J C Heussler, Alderman and Mrs Davis (South Brisbane), Mr and Mrs McKinnon, Mr and Mrs J Vardon, Mr and Mrs Smith, Neech, Parker, Miller,
Dahlke, Zimitat, A Zimitat, Salm, Goeldner, Mesdames Leonard, Barker, Wagner, Goeldner, Misses Schiefelbein, Zimitat, Wendt, E Wendt, Paul, Walters, Peacock, Wagner, Seipel (3), Dilger. The presents were numerous and included a bedroom suite, much handsome silver, and several substantial cheques. At night Mrs Helmholz entertained a large number of young people to an enjoyable dance.

In 1913, aged 44, August Schiefelbein,, a farmer, was knocked down by a runaway horse in Ann street this afternoon, and sustained fracture of the skull. He was removed to the hospital and died this evening.

Albert Barke was another German immigrant who arrived on the Quetta in 1899.  In 1896 he married Anna Muller and they lived on a property Bracken Ridge, Bald Hills.  Albert arrived in 1889.  They were farmers at Bracken Ridge, Bald Hills.

Unfortunately the ship Quetta sunk in 1890, with a terrible loss of life.  One who was lost was Claude Buchanan Whish and his wife.  He was the instigator of the sugar mill at Burpengary.

Wrecked 28 February 1890 after hitting rocks near the Torres Straits. 134 people lost their lives in (at the time) what was considered Queensland's worst maritime incident.  One of those was Claudius Buchanan Whish, the pioneer of the Oaklands Sugar mill

Anna Maria Muller was the daughter of Carl Friederich Muller and his wife Johanna Schmidt. 

Carl and Johanna had Christian Friedrich Carl Muller, b 1875; Anna Maria Muller, b 1877; Wilhelm Friedrich Muller, b 1871; Antoine Wilhelm Muller, 1867; Johann Frederick Muller, 1869. 

Antoine Wilhelm Muller married  Wilhelmine Schiefelbein.   The Barke, and the Muller family were in-laws.

Another German lady who arrived in 1900 on the Ortana, was Bertha Vellnagel.  Bertha was 18 years old when she left Germany to travel to Brisbane.  She was born in January 1882 at Horrheim, in Germany.  Along with Bertha was her sister Mina Vellnagel born 1881.. 

Her brother was living at Chermside, and was always a wellknown site on Gympie Road.  Her brother was August Christian Vellnagel.  Their father was  Jacob Friedrich Vellnagel and mother was Pauline Auguste Kirschler.  August was the coachbuilder, and his sons, the blacksmith opposite Marchant Park.

Auguste married  Christiana Johanne Fischle in 1897, she arrived in Australia in 1887.  Auguste and his brothers Gustav and Robert arrived in 1891 on the Jelunga

Christian Jacob Fischle and his wife Christiania Bachman arrived in Brisbane in 1887 onboard the Waroonga, with their family .  Jacob, 1878, Johanna 1877, Johann 1880, Lisle 1885, Rosalie 1887, Christian 1882

Johann Fischle was known as John and he married Edith Hinton in 1904; Jacob married Daisy Campling in 1908.  Jacob was a fruit grower, and won prizes for his crops.  John was growing pineapples and built a cannery.

In the 1903 Electoral Roll Francis Holz and Auguste Wilhelmine Holz are recorded as living at Cabbage Tree Creek, Zillman Waterholes.

They were married in 1902, she was Auguste Wilhelmine Vellnagel, she was also the daughter of Jacob Vellnagel, and Pauline Kirschler.  She was the Mina Vellnagel who arrived in 1900.   She died in 1961

Bertha married in 1902, Hermann Carl August Rojahn.  He was the son of Hermann Rojahn, and his wife Henrietta.  He died in 1949

Once again the identification of where they lived is shown as Rose Hill, Bald Hills.  The Rojahans were farmers on Lot 93, and they were the northern neighbours of the Albury family.  The transcription of his name was no doubt to Roghan. 

This article from the Chermside District Historical Society                                                                                                             

Vellnagels - the last Blacksmith in Chermside.   Smiting the Black Metal

The blacksmith is one who smites the black iron and moulds it using forge, anvil and hammer. One of the oldest trades, the Smithy goes back at least 3000 years when the Iron Age began. In those days the hammer and the anvil consisted of stones, but things have improved somewhat since then. Basically the process remains much the same, the iron has to be heated and hammered. The process takes place in dim forges so the smith can judge the temperature of the iron by its colour and know when to strike.

The blacksmiths of Chermside did this ever since Andrew Hamilton set up a forge beside his carriage works and hired a smith to work his magic in about 1870.

August Christian Vellnagel arrived in Brisbane from Horrheim, Wurttenberg, Germany via London in 1891. After a time on the cane fields he worked for Charlie Murr, a blacksmith in Downfall Creek. In 1897 August bought 4 acres on the corner of Murphy and Gympie Roads from John Ballinger in William (Billy) Hacker's name and set up his forge; Hacker was August's brother-in-law. Jack Ford records that in 1899 the business was registered in the name of A C Vellnagel and he became the official owner of the land. This could only be done after August was naturalised as a British Citizen; there was no Australia then, only the Colony of Queensland which was part of the British Empire.

 August and Christiana Vellnagel both from Germany, married in the Colony of Queensland, raised a family and a firm that is still operating.

Who could possibly forget the distinctive welding works?

Worse though, why would we never have thought to take a photo? 

August 1933 

Mrs. Edith Fischle. Widespread regret will be felt at the death of Mrs. Edith Fischle at her home, Sunnyside, Bald Hills, last Wednesday. The late Mrs. Fischle, who was 52 years of age, was a native of Brisbane, and was the youngest daughter of the late Mr. and Mrs. J. F. Hinton, who conducted a fruit store in the "Courier" building for many years. With her husband, Mrs. Fischle firmly established the preserving and manufacturing business of John Fischle and Sons. She is survived by her husband, four sons, three daughters, and two grandchildren. Her brother, Mr. Arthur Hinton, predeceased her three months ago.

Later John Fischle remarried,  and this excerpt from a story confirms the position of his property Sunnyside at Bald Hills!

........... his income from rents was £20 a week. In addition to this, he drew £5 a week from his pineapple canning factory at Bald Hills. There was a property at Bald Hills containing 35 acres,; 4BH broadcasting station stood on the property. Her husband had told her, too, that he had shares in the wireless company.

Carl Frederich Muller and his wife Johanna Schmidt also lived in the area.  Once again their property is at Bracken Ridge in Zillmere.

However George Alexander Muller lived at Bracken Ridge Sandgate! 

Auguste (Andrew) and Willmine's daughter Olga Augusta Muller born 1896  married James Edward Hoens in 1914.  He was sometimes listed in the rolls as James Edward Hohns.  He was a labourer from Zillmere.  His mother was Frederike Hohns.

By now it is apparent that some who lived on David Brown's Lots 93 and Lot 25, referred to their address as Rose Hill, either Zillmere, Sandgate, Bald Hills or Bracken Ridge!

From the documentation available when he needed to replace titles lost in the fire of his 
business in 1888, the only two lots in Bracken Ridge that he owned were
 those which  were originally Lot 25 and Lot 93

It also proves that Brackenridge one word, as we used to write it should have been two words all along.  It bothered me that somewhere in the early days of selling real estate that we changed the spelling!   Perhaps we did, because I am positive we were originally  L.J. Hooker Brackenridge!  

No comments:

Post a Comment